Manager / Co-Owner (with husband Robert) / Director of Pilates Instruction at Suncoast Pilates, Pilates Method Alliance Certified Pilates Teacher ( PMA®-CPT ), Patricia is a “Second Generation Pilates Teacher” and “Lolita San Miguel Pilates Master™”. Patricia completed the Pilates Master Mentor Program with Pilates Elder Lolita San Miguel, the only living “First Generation” Pilates teacher who worked with and was certified to teach Pilates by Joseph Pilates himself. Patricia has also trained extensively in Classical Pilates with Siri Dharma Galliano. Patricia is a Balanced Body Faculty member and Suncoast Pilates is an approved Balanced Body Pilates instructor training facility, teaching monthly Pilates instructor training modules and workshops. Patricia is one of the area’s most experienced and highly Certified Pilates instructors. She was a presenter at the International Pilates Day Memorial & Convention in Moenchengladbach, Germany, the birthplace of Joseph Pilates, held May 6 – 9, 2011.
Patricia additionally offers client private, duet and trio sessions on the Balanced Body CoreAlign®.
Patricia offers to all potential Pilates personal training clients a consultation to ensure that each has the perfect instructor – whether it be her or one of the other Certified, experienced and talented teachers at Suncoast Pilates.
Patricia, who has been a trainer in the area for twenty years, and has owned an area studio for over eighteen years, brings a wealth of training and experience in Pilates as well as other exercise disciplines and holds numerous certifications in Pilates, personal training, fitness, post-rehab fitness and aquatics. Her many certifications, qualifications and trainings are listed below. When looking for the right Pilates instructor, remember to consider experience, certifications, qualifications and expertise.
Patricia’s Primary Pilates Training Certification
Patricia has been awarded the designation of “Second Generation Pilates Teacher” and “Lolita San Miguel Pilates Master™” after working as a seasoned Pilates instructor in a two year master mentor program directly with Ms. San Miguel
Pilates Method Alliance Certified Teacher (PMA®-CPT)
Second Generation Pilates Teacher
Lolita San Miguel Pilates Master™
Balanced Body Faculty
Patricia’s Continuing Education Pilates Training
- Patricia has worked extensively with Siri Dharma Galliano, Pilates trainer to the stars Uma Thurman, Carrie Ann Moss (for Matrix 2 and 3), Jessica Lange, Sting, Madonna and many others. Patricia has also completed numerous workshops with Siri.
- Stott Pilates (with Moira Merrithew, PJ O’Clair, John Garey, Stefania Della Pia)
- Polestar Pilates (with Polestar founder President Brent Anderson PhD, PT, OCS)
- PHI Pilates (with founder Christine Romani-Ruby)
- Patricia has over twenty years of Pilates continuing education credits, including workshops with renown Pilates Teachers listed above as well as Mari Windsor, Alan Herdman, Julian Littleford, Kevin Bowen and Kathy Corey
- CoreAlign® Instructor Training Levels I, II and III with developer Jonathan Hoffman
- Fitness Practitioner and Personal Trainer
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Weight Training Certified
- Post Rehab Fitness Trainer
OTHER Past Certifications
- Arthritis Foundation Certified Aquatics & P.A.C.E. Instructor
- White Belt NIA Instructor (hosted and completed NIA teacher Intensive at her studio in 2000 with NIA creators Debbie and Carlos Rosas)
- PMA (Pilates Method Alliance)
Former Wellness & Fitness Director
- Total Wellness & Rehab
Former Fitness Director
- Palm Harbor Medical Associates
- Arthritis Foundation Board Member
- Arthritis Foundation Regional Program Director
Featured in National Fitness Publications
- Featured in February 2014 Pilates Style Magazine Success Story article “The Way, Way Back”
- Quoted in the October 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”
- Quoted in the April 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Personal Training for Tennis Players”
- Quoted in the March 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”
- Quoted in the February 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”
- Quoted in the November / December 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”
- Quoted in the November / December 2010 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”.
- Quoted in the March 2009 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”.
- Quoted in the March 2008 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”.
- Quoted in the November 2007 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Tricks of the Trade”.
- Quoted in the October 2007 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Partners and Small Groups in Mind-Body Training”.
- Quoted in the July / August 2007 IDEA Fitness Journal on “Conquering a Negative Mood”.
- Quoted in “Your Body” online article on working with a partner in January 2006.
- Interviewed and was featured Personal Trainer in March 2005 IDEA Fitness Journal in the article “Empathizing with Client Limitations”.
- Featured in the November 2005 IDEA Fitness Journal under the personal trainers who “Inspire the World to Fitness” section.
- Interviewed for “Your Body” June 2005 online article – “Watch Your Thigh’s Fives”.
- Currently writes a monthly article for Panache Vue’, a Tampa Bay area magazine
- Featured in Channel 8 exercise & fitness segments with Irene Maher and Yolanda Fernandez as well on past Channel 8 Health & Fitness Fest television segments.